Some exciting news has just come to my attention. My next book, Vulpi, is out in LESS THAN ONE MONTH!
I say it’s exciting news. I am simultaneously excited and utterly terrified, but I think the excitement is just winning out for now, helped along by the fact that I got my VERY OWN BRIGHT SHINY COPY a couple of days ago. And it is VERY Purdy. Those folks at Random House are absolute magicians!
Anyway, I’ve stared getting a few questions about Vulpi and, while I’ve replied to those questions individually (and will continue to do so as it’s just so gosh-darn exciting that people WANT To ask questions about my book!), I thought I’d also post some of the questions and answers here – think of it as your one-stop-shop for all Vulpi-ish info. I’ll be adding to it as time goes on, and feel free to ask more questions in comments!
Here we go:
- When will Vulpi be coming out? Vulpi is in bookshops and online as an eBook on the 2nd of April.
- When are you launching Vulpi? And where? Vulpi will be launched on the 7th of April at the Cascades Female Factory Historic Site, near Hobart. If you want more info, please feel free to drop me an email via the contact form. I’ll also be appearing at the Supanova convention in Melbourne on the 14th of April, and at Fullers Bookshop, Launceston on the 28th of April. Phew! I’ll be one tired little cookie!
- Is it true that Tessa isn’t the main character in Vulpi? Yes, that’s true, but she is still one of the main characters Vulpi is narrated by Cat, who you met at the end of Thyla. It’s her story, but it’s the story of all the Thylas and Sarcos you’ve already met, so Tessa is still very much a part of it.
- Is Perrin in Vulpi? He’s a bit spunky! As if I could get rid of Perrin! He is a bit spunky, isn’t he? He’s very much involved in the action of Vulpi, so you get to see a lot more of him. PLUS, there’s a very handsome new shapeshifter on the block … I won’t tell any more here!
- How many books are in the series? There are four books in theThyla series. The next book after Vulpi is called Sarco, and the final book is called Diemen. I’ve finished drafts for both of these novels (so yes, I know how it all ends!), so hopefully you’ll get to read them soon!
- What is a Vulpi? A Vulpi is a fox shapeshifter, from England.
- Will there be more different kinds of shapeshifters in the next books? Yes, there are more races of shapeshifter introduced. I don’t want to give too much away, though!
- Will we learn more about the history of the shapeshifters in Vulpi? Yes, and in the next two books. In Vulpi, you’ll find out a lot more about where the shapeshifters came from, how they got to Tasmania and who created them in the first place.
- Is Charlotte a baddy? Not telling ;op
- Are there really Thylas and Sarcos on Mount Wellington? Of course there are! But shh! Don’t tell anyone. They’ll get very angry at me if they knew I told you, and trust me, you don’t want to get on the wrong side of an angry shapeshifter!
Looking forward to hearing any other questions you have about Vulpi and hearing what you think of the book itself in LESS THAN ONE MONTH (eep). You can check out Vulpi’s page on Goodreads now. Some people are already discussing the cover there. What do you think of it?
I think it’s pretty snazzy … but I may be biased!
Thank you all for your continued support and interest in my books. You allow me to do what I love (and the only thing I’m even close to good at – I can’t cook, sew, knit, ride a bike, wink, do the splits, whistle, add up numbers without using my fingers, sing, dance, remember interesting facts about anything other than the songs of Josh Ritter and quotes from Romy and Michelle’s High School Reunion, or open jars without asking for HB’s help so thank Heavens you like my writing!), and every word on every page of every one of my books is for you.